In recent past, Amazon has grown so much in India that it is almost Intimidating 10 years ago, I did not know a company named Amazon even existed. I am sure many of you must have not known about it too. But now we have Amazon shopping, Amazon Prime, Amazon Echo – make your home smart and the very famous Amazon Fire Stick, all have made a place in the Indian household. So much so, that people now even buy groceries from Amazon. All this blabber is just to give you the depth of the company I am talking about. This article mainly concerns how to use Amazon Fire Stick and how to install Jio TV App in Amazon Firestick.
But First, What is Amazon Fire Stick and how does it work? Amazon stick is a media streaming device that looks like a pen drive that you plug into your TV through HDMI port and after a couple of simple installation steps, the device is all set. Note that your TV must have an active Internet connection for Firestick to work.
Amazon TV stick comes with an Alexa powered voice control remote. For those who don’t know, Alexa is an artificial intelligence voice search engine developed by Amazon. Like we have Siri for iOS and Cortana for windows. You can search for the latest movies and TV shows using the voice control remote. It works really well, considering the various accents that people have. You can download apps that are supported on the Amazon fire stick from its app store. Some of them are Netflix, TVFPlay, Youtube, AltBalaji, JioCinema, etc. Another app that is supported but you won’t find it in the Amazon app store is Jio TV.
Install Jio TV & JioCinema on Amazon Fire Stick
Both these apps are supported on Amazon stick and both are easy to install but JioCinema is easier as it is available in Amazon’s app store. All you gotta do is search for JioCinema on Homescreen and install it. Log in with your Jio number and voila! all your JioCinema content on your TV.
- You may find interesting: Mi TV – Best Budget Smart TV in the market?
For Installing Jio TV on Amazon Firestick, just do a few extra steps
- Go to Fire TV settings > Device or system > Developer options > Turn on apps from unknown sources.
- Install the ‘Silk browser‘(present in the Amazon app store).
- Install ‘ES File Explorer‘(present in the Amazon app store).
- Open the Silk browser. Search: ‘google.com’, open google search engine home page.
- Inside google home page, search ‘Jio TV Android TV’. Open the first link that comes up.
- Look for version 1.0.4, go down the page and find the ‘Download APK’ option. Download it.
- After successful download, an option will come to an ‘open file with ES Explorer’. choose it.
- Jio TV will get installed on the Amazon Fire TV stick. log in with your Jio user id and password to continue.
In The End
Amazon FireStick is a great option to have. Amazon Prime is already coming up with amazing content. Plus, you also get to install other free and paid apps on the firestick. A smart option to make your HD TV smart. feel free to ask any relevant questions related to Amazon Firestick.